TRIPAWDS: Home to 13738 Members and 1215 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

Jan 29 2014

A penny found …

Filed under Uncategorized

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

I’m starting to think there really is something to the Pennies from Heaven story.

While living in Lancaster, Pennsylvania we lost our baby Merlin (Zeus’ brother) to cancer.  About a year later Greg’s job relocated us to a different part of PA and I was sad to leave the home that held my last memories of him.  Immediately after moving into our house, I found a penny balanced on a support rod in the closet.  The Pennies story immediately crossed my mind and I hoped that it was in fact a sign that our boy was with us in the new home.

A couple of years later, and six months after Zeus passed, we relocated back to our home state of South Carolina.  After several years in cold, snowy Pennsylvania, it was a welcome move albeit a sad one since our boys weren’t with us to share the homecoming joy.  We set upon building our dream home on a small lake but beneath the excitement was a sense of sadness that our precious babies would not get to live in the dream home with us.

Partway through construction I came out to walk through and check on things.  Laying in the laundry room floor was a penny.  I cried and smiled all at once.  I can only hope that the spirit of those precious babies are here with us every day.

We are finally in our new home and soon it will be filled with the click of nails on the floor and the inevitable dog-fur tumbleweeds that even every-day vacuuming can’t eliminate.  I look forward to being rescued by a couple (or three) pound pups in the very near future, but I am also thankful that our boys are watching out for us.

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

7 responses so far

7 Responses to “A penny found …”

1.   Karmaon 29 Jan 2014 at 4:59 pm     Reply1

Very sweet Lisa. Those boys are always with you.

2.   bcullomon 29 Jan 2014 at 7:39 pm     Reply2

Just loved this story!! I have always believed that our loved ones, including our beloved pets, that have gone on, are still always there with us.

3.   Michelleon 29 Jan 2014 at 9:04 pm     Reply3

This brought tears to my eyes. I know they are with you but its always good to be reinforced huh. Thanks Merlin & Zeus for letting your mom know that you are with her as her & your dad move into their new home. Beautiful

Hugs
    Michelle & Angel Sassy

4.   benny55on 29 Jan 2014 at 10:51 pm     Reply4

A penny from Merlin…and a penny from Zeus. And these pennies were clearly meant for you to find. Merlin’s safely tucked on a rod in a closet and Zeus’s amid co struction on a laundry room floor. Yeah, a sign without question!!

Zeus’s i spiratio al journey has always stayed with me. Had you not asked that one question to your Vet clarifying the distinction between the xray and the scan…had Zeus “picked” a different human soul mate…he would never have had those extra ten months (almost seven years from a dog’s perspective!).

Those months that were crammed pack full of joy a d love and spoiling! Time to capture more sacred memories to store in your heart. Time to take more pictures of that goofy grin (when you could sneak taking a photo).

On the Wednesday Blog Hop today…look at number 116…two seniors who have spent their whole lives together are up for adoption. Just take a look, tnat’s all.

Thank you for postng this lovely ongoing story about Zeus (and Merlin too!). Your presence here n the site is invaluable… really, I mean that. The insights you have gained on this journey…the wisdom…the knowledge… continue to help us all. Zeus’s presence is still empowerng all lf us to defy the odds and ALWAYS have hpe…..and when you think all the your questions have been answered……step out of the box and ask one more question!

So glad you boys have endless pennies from heaven to bombard your mom with whenever she feels disconnected to you! You sure kow how to get her attention!

Thank you for the privilege of traveling this jjourney with you and Zeus.

Love and hugs!

Sally and Happy Hannah

5.   krun15on 29 Jan 2014 at 11:11 pm     Reply5

Awww Lisa, your boys will always be with you. And every time I see ‘sun dogs’ I think of Zeus!

Karen

6.   fourminipupson 29 Jan 2014 at 11:11 pm     Reply6

Those pennies make you richer than all the millions put together.

Take care-
    Luanne

7.   jerryon 02 Feb 2014 at 8:49 pm     Reply7

Oh Lisa, what a sweet story. I’d say that penny on the floor was definitely a sign that they approve of your new home and are always with you in spirit. How sweet!

Congrats on finishing construction 🙂 Can’t wait till the right doggies find you.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS